In this week’s news:
- Market Day
- Careers – Open Days and ASBA Opportunities
- Emily’s bake sale to raise money for World Vision
- Disability Employment EXPO
- Daffodil Day
Monday, Week 7 is MARKET DAY!
Market Day is a big community day for the whole school, featuring: Cultural food stalls, wood-fired pizza, coffee van and other delicious goodies. We also have; live student music performances, art, photography and other creative/entrepreneurial stalls.
There will be external organisations who work in different areas that support students and the wider community come and share what services they offer. This year we’re also fundraising for ACT Together (foster care providers in the ACT).
Ways you can get involved:
- Come in your dressed pyjamas
- Purchase a ticket for our massive and incredible raffle
- Check out our White Elephant Store and other fundraising activities.
When: Monday 2nd September (Week 7)
Time: 10am – 1:30pm
Where: LTC Courtyard
We are excited to have the Warehouse Circus come and join us on Market day!
Warehouse Circus is a not-for-profit community organisation which has been transforming lives through circus for nearly 30 years. As one of the key arts organisations, Warehouse helps young people find a means through which to experiment, grow, and express themselves creatively as well as physically.
Sooooooo… Run away with the circus and immerse yourself in colourful activities like juggling, hula hoops, spinning plates and more!
Warehouse Circus will be hosting open workshops at Market Day for people of all ages and abilities. Make sure to check it out, learn some cool tricks, and discover more about this outstanding organisation!
Lots of things coming up in the careers space; check out the upcoming uni open days and ASBA opportunities.
UNSW at ADFA – Open Day is fast approaching and we would like to take this opportunity to remind you that places are still available for a STEM Lunch for future undergraduate students interested in STEM studies as a non-Defence civilian student. The lunch will be held during the ADFA Open Day on Sat 24 August 2019.
Lunch is free but registration is encouraged so that we can adequately cater for all participants and meet any particular dietary requirements of attendees. Visit the online event registration site here.
ANU OPEN DAY –
You are invited to experience the ANU campus come alive on Saturday 31 August. You can immerse yourselves in all that the campus has to offer and hear from students and staff about university life, programs and much more.
The ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences has planned a jam packed day of information sessions, tours, workshops, and concerts including Open Houses at the School of Music and School of Art & Design. We encourage you to browse all the events and activities.
Students, do you need help putting your Art portfolio together? You can book a folio review session on Open Day to assist your application to the ANU School of Art & Design.
Visit the ANU Open Day app for everything that is happening across the campus on the day.
ASBA Availabilities –
Australian Training Company is looking for students currently in years 10 &11 for the following ASBA positions:
• Early Childhood Education and Care (in babies, toddlers and preschool room)- Southside location- 2 days per week plus coursework
• Individual Support- At Black Mountain School (O’Connor)- 2 days per week, plus school holiday classes for coursework
• Aged Care- Red Hill Location- 2 shifts per week (7am-12.30pm) and coursework
• Business- Various Positions all over Canberra.
• Business- Cert II- Weston Creek location- in a library, so perfect for a student who enjoys that environment. 1 day per week plus 1 day per month in training
• Horticulture- Cert II- Various locations
• Equality and Diversity placements for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Students within ACT Gov. Any interested students are encouraged to contact me, and we will determine what qualification and workplace is best suited.
• Heavy Vehicle Automotive ASBAS with TCCS (ACTION Buses). Applications close 30 September. Positions in Belconnen and Tuggeranong (and 1 day per week at Tech in Fyshwick)
Any interested students should visit Careers in PAV 6 and chat to Lalita or Carlene.
Emily’s bake sale
On Wednesday at lunch one of our year 11 students Emily Mills held a Bake Sale to raise funds for World Vision. She is completing the 40 Hour Famine Backpack Challenge and the Bake Sale was to boost her fundraising efforts.
You can support Emily here – https://www.40hourfamine.com.au/supporters/3184363
Well done on your initiative Emily!
Disability Employment EXPO
On Friday 30th August there will be a Disability Employment Provider Expo held at Hedley Beare Centre for Teaching and Learning, where you can meet with employment providers to discuss options for your child. This is also a free event, held between 9am-2pm.
Flyer is attached below and contains further details and contacts for further information.
Today we celebrated and fundraised for the Cancer Council’s Daffodil Day Appeal. Staff and students dressed in yellow and donated gold coins for the cause. We raised a total of $240.
Thank you to everyone who contributed and joined in on the day.