Welcome to Lake Tuggeranong College.
Welcome to what we believe is an outstanding educational facility. What makes it an outstanding place to learn?
Lake Tuggeranong College has many of the things that educational researchers tell us are required to help equip young people for productive and happy lives in the 21st century:
- Teachers with subject matter specialisation and teachers who actively seek to enhance their teaching skills. Our teachers know they are making a difference to the learning of their students. They are passionate about what and how they teach.
- Well-resourced classrooms and learning environments. The college boasts excellent information technologies to allow students (and staff) to access ‘the world’. Specialist teaching areas are also well equipped to ensure that students experience real-world learning. Examples of this are our performing arts theatre, our technology workshops, as well as our flight simulators.
- A library facility shared with Libraries ACT, affording students the opportunity to learn how to learn and to research.
- An active student leadership presence, ensuring the voice of students is heard and is part of decision-making at the college.
- A range of advice and support services for students and their families. These include an excellent Careers Unit and weekly Advisory Group sessions. Student Services also assist with accessing agencies and professionals as part of navigating the final two years of schooling.
- Beautifully maintained buildings and grounds, helping to make students feel proud of where they learn.
At Lake Tuggeranong College, our aim is to produce graduates who are
good at learning and good at life. In line with our values of Learn Thrive
Connect, LTC graduates:
Learn – through developing the skills and attributes to be a lifelong
Thrive – through self regulating both learning and wellbeing
Connect – through their learning pathway to the world beyond
I look forward to working with you on the next part of your journey at
Lake Tuggeranong College.