Week 2 Term 3 2023

What’s going on at LTC?

• Welcome to Term 3
  • Important Dates for Term 3
  • LTC Shines at National AATE/ALEA Conference: Empowering Student Literacy
  • ACTCOSS visits our Society and Community Class
  • Meridian @ The NEST Thursday August 3
  • Canberra CareersXpo August 9/10
  • SHLIRP Program
  • Audrey Fagan Enrichment Grants
  • AIE Open Day
  • Parent & Carer Online Safety Webinars
  • Telephone Parenting Counselling
  • Future of Education Equity Fund
  • 2024 Enrolments
  • Blog information

Welcome to Term 3

Welcome back to LTC!

To all our parents, students and extended LTC community, we’re thrilled to begin Term 3 with a renewed sense of excitement. In the first 2 weeks of term, students have been setting goals and developing their Graduate profile in TRaC class, preparing for a successful and fulfilling semester ahead.

This term holds the promise of incredible opportunities to learn, thrive, and connect as we continue our journey together. Our dedicated teachers are here to inspire and support students in reaching their full potential, ensuring an enriching and rewarding learning experience.

Parents, your continued support and involvement in your child’s education are invaluable, and we look forward to fostering meaningful connections with all of you. Let’s work hand in hand to make this term one filled with growth, achievement, and cherished memories for our entire LTC family!

LTC Shines at National AATE/ALEA Conference: Empowering Student Literacy

Jenni Evans Holder and Holly Godfree started off their school holidays by presenting at the National AATE/ALEA Conference for Teachers of English and Literacy.

Jenni and Holly shared all the excellent work staff at Lake Tuggeranong have been doing to improve student literacy.

The feedback from the session was very positive, with lots of schools wanting to know more about all the great things we are doing at LTC.

ACTCOSS visits our Society and Community Class

The ACT Council of Social Service Inc. (ACTCOSS) came to Lake Tuggeranong College to deliver a presentation to our Year 11 Social & Community students.

Luise and Gabby from ACTCOSS explained the council’s role in supporting and developing community organisations, advocacy to government on policy, and their Gulaga program which supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander focused organisations and also provides cultural awareness training for mainstream sector groups.

They also provided an overview of pathways to employment in the community sector, and how diverse roles in the community sector can be.

It was a great introduction to our new unit, Community Organisations.

Meridian @ The NEST Thursday August 3

Canberra CareersXpo August 9/10

SHLIRP Program

Audrey Fagan Enrichment Grants

To find out more and apply, visit: https://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/women/grants

Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 3 August 2023.

AIE Open Day

Register to attend the AIE Open Day: https://aie.edu.au/aie_event/open-day/

Parent & Carer Online Safety Webinars

Telephone Parenting Counselling

Future of Education Equity Fund

Applications are now open for the Future of Education Equity Fund for the 2023 school year. Providing yearly one-off payments to low-income Canberra families with students from Preschool to Year 12 level, and independent students, the Fund helps cover costs associated with schooling. Check your eligibility now!

Apply online at https://bit.ly/3SH0cUr

2024 Enrolments

It’s not too late to enrol your child or young person at LTC. Enrolments remain open throughout the year, so apply online now to receive an offer of place for the 2024 school year.

Blog information

Do you have a positive story to share about our students or alumni?

Here at the blog, we are happy to publish stories, photos and artworks.

Please submit your material to scott.montoyaval@ed.act.edu.au